Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mardi Gras Season




It is Mardi Gras time again. Purple, Gold and Green decorations come out. Doors sport gaudy, sparkly wreaths adorned with beads. King Cakes appear. I always seem to get the piece of cake with the baby at work, parties or wherever I get to eat a King Cake. I am making plans to visit New Orleans the weekend before Fat Tuesday. It should be a fun trip. I did not even attend a parade anywhere last year. I have a perfect scarf this year. I knitted a scarf of Yarn Bee Aurora yarn. I can not find the label, but the colors are purple, green, gold and a metallic gold. It makes the perfect scarf for waiting in the cold for a parade to start. I am sorry about the quality of the picture. My camera is in the car and my phone takes poor quality pictures. I will repost soon with better light and perhaps a new camera. I want to get a new camera for my birthday and it might just be an early birthday present to myself.
Our KNIT Cafe met tonight. It wasn't a large group but it was definitely quality time. These ladies are always an inspiration to me. Often there is more fellowship and sharing than knitting. I am thankful for these "knit wit sisters". I couldn't ask for a better knit therapy group.
I made some progress on an old UFO. It was a prayer shawl that I began with no particular recipient in mind. My sister then asked me to finish it for a friend of hers. Her friend died before I could get very far. I knew this lady as well and so I just put the shawl into a project basket. I haven't picked it up until tonight. It needs to be finished and sent on its way to someone who needs it.
A closing thought-
"Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light." Helen Keller

No comments: