Saturday, September 24, 2005

Hurricane Rainy Day

We are waiting out the rains of Hurricane Rita. Although we live miles from the coast, the eye of Rita is to reach us in over an hour. All day we have had gusting wind and continuous rain. Normally, I am glad to have a rainy day to relax and knit. However, we have been so busy this last month dealing with refugees from Hurricane Katrina and preparing for this storm. I have just used the time to rest and catch up on much needed rest. Once the worst has passed I should feel up to knitting. My prayers are with those who are affected by this storm.
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.
The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Save your people and bless your inheritance;
be their shepherd and carry them forever.
Psalm 28:7-9 (New International Version)

No comments: