Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Flags are flying!

Happy Flag Day!





In remembrance of my Aunt Adele. Her birthday was Flag Day and she would tell us that everyone was flying their flags for her birthday. She was an excellent cook and was always bring us a special treat for our coke break at the flower shop.
I hope everyone had a chance to knit in public on June 10th. I knitted my way across 3 states. I worked on two different projects on the road from Arizona, New Mexico and Texas!!! Not a big public project, but I was seen by truckers and travelers on the road. I worked on a soft blue scarf and on a Trellis table runner. The Trellis project is destined for the altar at church. It has been a WIP for awhile now.
I haven't knitted much lately as I am trying to adjust to life on the road. However my knitting bag is along for the ride whenever the urge hits me. I have been reading alot of knitting blogs lately and catching up with reading my e-mails. I've really been tempted to try knitting socks. I just need to decide on a pattern and what yarn I want to use.
Cruising from West Texas to California.....
" I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121

No comments: